Thursday, January 08, 2009

Talya's 3 today....

.. but she doesn't know that. We purposely are not telling Talya that it is her birthday today and we have been setting her up for the Sunday. Simply because I am working and Leanne is working all evening today. Since Leanne and I will have our day off together on Sunday, we are going to celebrate her birthday at that time. It blows my mind to think that 3 years have passed already. Where does the time go

.. oh.. and I didn't say happy birthday for myself earlier on the 3rd. Happy birthday me! It was this birthday where I have realized that facebook is pretty much taken over email in some ways. I get more messages through facebook now then I do my regular gmail account. Is email a thing of the past? .. is facebook and texting the way to communicate these days? Whatever it is, nothing will be better then personal contact and face to face conversation. That is probably why coffee shops are so friggin busy because nobody knows how to make coffee and play cards weekly at someones house any more. But then again, I probably would we doing that if my kids were a little older... like today for Talya.

Anyway I got a little off track there, but happy birthday Talya. I will tell you in person this Sunday.

3 comments:

thehember said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thehember said...

I for one now refuse to Facebook you. We'll chat on Wii!!!!

Maria said...

Even though the coffee shops are busy, all the people inside them are still texting to each other. Just tables and tables of people sitting and staring mindlessly into their cell phones and getting cramps in their thumbs. Pathetic. Why the hell do they even go out anywhere if they aren't going to interact with people personally?