Thursday, June 12, 2008

rain rain rain

"I'm feeling really down... today
I'm feeling really... under the weather;
but it is no problem, or lack of pleasure,

it's just the weather.

Rain keeps coming down around
and I can feel the ... low pressure
Whenever that it stops, it turns to ICE

I'm feeling really down.

rain, rain, rain keeps coming down, down, down
rain, rain, rain, rain keeps coming down
on the ground
rain, rain, rain, rain keeps coming down
rain, rain, rain, keeps coming down

Whenever it's like this... people
Always want to... pass the buck
But I don't really give...
I'm feeling really...

rain, rain, rain keeps coming down, down, down
rain, rain, rain, rain keeps coming down
on the ground
rain, rain, rain, rain keeps coming down
rain, rain, rain, keeps coming down

I'm feeling really... guilty
I'm feeling like I'm... owing money
But I don't even know anybody

I'm feeling really down"


- Martin Tielli, The Rheostatics

3 comments:

Martin said...

Nice. Hi, my Rheostatics radar brought me here, so I reply in kind ..

Waterstriders by Martin Tielli
(earlier known as The Bridge)

I'll go when the sun gets lower.
Down by the bridge,
where the amber water pools
and foam gathers in stones by the shore.
[All along the river,
waterstriders play.]
I'm thinking about...
I'm thinking about...
I'm thinking about...

You are descended from the slaves
who escaped to here in the early days.
Bones weathering from the embankment
after the ice broke.
I'm thinking about forever.
I'm thinking about staying.
I'm thinking about...
I'm thinking about how close you came to dying.

When I die please bury me
underneath the hanging tree.
I want to lie with these questions
forever.

Gilly said...

I am not sure it that is you or not tielli, but thanks anyway! Those of you who may not be familiar with this song can download it for free from his website

http://www.martintielli.net

beautiful track

Martin said...

Oops, I didn't think how that would be confusing! No, I'm not THE Martin, but definitely among his biggest fans!