Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Where is the line when it comes to Art?

Now I am not a huge animal activist or anything .. and hell I don't even own a dog for fear of what my alergies may do .. but I can't help but feel for this. Starving Artists is one thing .. but starving Dogs? .. what the hell?

I came across this in facebook, but I decided to post it here. I couldn't help but feel for the poor dogs.

In 2007, Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, a so called artist, took an abandoned dog from the streets, tied him to a very short rope to a wall in an art gallery, and left a kettle of food on the other side of the room, beyond his reach, and left him there to slowly die of hunger and thirst.The so-called artist of such cruelty and the visitors of the gallery of art watched the agony of this animal. The dog finally died of famine, surely after a painful, absurd and incomprehensible torture.The prestigious Centralamerican Biennial of Art decided that this horrible act committed by this guy was art, and Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat his cruel actions in said Biennial in 2008.If you go to this website there is a petition to try to stop this from happening again. Also links to the previous 'art work'. http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/675045

For non-Spanish speakers: the next 2 categories that you must fill out following your email is: 1) city; 2) countryNOTE: I have warned on various occasions to maintain civility to your fellow group members and to keep the environment within the ambit of the group's objective: animal rights and awareness. Everyone has their own point of view and they have a right to express it. However the discussion and comments have escalated to name calling and attacks against individuals, cultures, countries etc. After various warnings being met with outright violations, I have decided to disable the wall. I apologize for any inconveniences or disappointment this may have caused to the rule-abiding members.

Click here if you want to look at the original post that I came across on facebook.



3 comments:

Lapsura said...

Also: pictures of the exhibition.

Gilly said...

.. man that is sick .. disgusting.

Maria said...

There are some really f***ked up people out there. I just don't get it. I just don't get it. This is a blog entry that I could have done without.