Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ship me away and let my son mow the lawn


I was thinking of going on a trip .. though unfortunately I pass the UPS weight restrictions. So that didn't work out.

Harley mowed the lawn for the first time last night. He used to freak out every time I started the lawnmower, but after time when he saw me do it .. he would pretend to start his toy lawnmower and make engine sounds. It's cute. But last night he wanted to help me push the mower when I was doing the lawn. I guess the sound of the engine didn't scare him any more. Hell .. who cares if he loses a couple of toes .. if I can get him to mow the lawn by himself by next summer. I'll have it made!

Listened To:
Look People - Crazy Eggs
Boney M. - (assorted)
The Books - The Lemon of Pink

Watched:
Freaks & Geeks - episode 6: I'm With The Band

6 comments:

Butcher said...

My parents disabled the "safety feature" on the lawnmower so that I could start mowing "younger"

and I was so stupid as to want to....

Gilly said...

yeah .. it's too bad that scar never did heal correctly.

Reverend C-Note said...

Upon starting the mower:

Brother will kill brother
Spilling blood across the land
Killing for religion
Something I don't understand

Fools like me who cross the sea
And come to foreign lands
Ask the sheep for their beliefs
Do you kill on God's command?

A country that's divided
Surely will not stand
My past erased, no more disgrace
No foolish naive stand

The end is near, it's crystal clear
Part of the master plan
Don't look now to Israel
It might be your homelands
Holy wars..........

Gilly said...

HAHAHA .. and I was just mentioning that to mitch here at work.

dagadat dagadat dagadat dagagat de daa!
dagadat dagadat dagadat dagagat de daa!
dagadat dagadat dagadat dagagat
dagadat dagadat dagadat dagagat
dagadat dagadat dagadat dagagat
degedegede daadege daadegegege daadege daadegegege daa daa
degedegede daadege daadegegege daadege daadegegege daa dam
degedegede daadege daadegegege daadege daadegegege daa daa
degedegede daadege daadegegege daadege daadegegege daa daa
daaaa daaa ...

... da da da
degedegede daadege daadegegege daadege daadegegege daa daa
degedegede daadege daadegegege ...etc

Amy said...

That's such a great picture. Even though it doesn't show any naked white guys. Although I guess we can't see all of you...

Gilly said...

ell you know .. I am naked in the box after all.

There is something about the feel of room temperature popcorn styrofoam against my luxurious skin..

.. it makes me all warm and bubbly.