Friday, August 15, 2003

Fucking Cars pt II

So After the Beer at the Beach weekend, and the good time with the PT Cruiser, I took the puppy car (the tempo that went to shit on the way out to the lake) to the shop to see what the damages were. Driving the car to the shop, I knew it was not good.

My car was a fog making factory on the way to the shop. Anyone who was behind me would not have been able to see a thing. I say this because I could not see anything in my rear-view at all. How I wish I was able to see it from the side. A car (filled with puppy paw prints and other stupid stickers) driving down the road with a Shitload of smoke behind him.. I looked like the car was on fire. I thought to myself… Antifreeze has definitely got into the engine … and it is at a point of no return. As I thought, the head gasket and something else was cracked .. and the fix was going to be anywhere between 800-1500 dollars. Of course I could not afford it .. so I grit my teeth, went back to the shop, took the licence plates off, stereo out of the car, other crap from the trunk and glove compartment and left it there saying goodbye. It killed me, it was like saying goodbye to a friend. Just thinking about it right now is tearing me up. I had a lot of memories in that car.

I left the shop with tears in my eyes and a broken heart, looking at my friend in the rear-view mirror rarely taking my eyes off him till I turned the corner.

No comments: