Friday, September 20, 2002

My wife and I were at my brothers last night to help him with a virus on his computer. Being the nice guy that I am, I thought I would bring a dozen donuts over. I thought it would be a nice thing to do. But... at the end of the evening, for some reason my sister-in-law was forcing us to take the rest of the donuts back with us.
They were a gift. She accepted the gift.. then she wanted me to take the rest home. Leanne and I refused. You don't take a gift back after you have already accepted it!! But she was forceful. The only way we were able to leave the donuts with her was to leave them on the kitchen table without her noticing when we left.

I am thinking maybe for Christmas, I will by her something that I want. That way, I'll get it back at the end of the evening and we both will be happy.

That's ok. Bonnie (my sister-in-law) is strange anyway. I love her, but you have to worry about somebody who keeps canned vegetables in her refrigerator.

No comments: